Yesterday’s New York Times devoted an article to the emergence of medical tourism as a growth industry in South Korea. (See South Korea Joins Lucrative Practice of Inviting Medical Tourists to Its Hospitals) If you’d like a more in-depth look at the topic, check out the series I wrote on the topic when I visited South Korean hospitals a year ago.
The entries can be accessed as follows:
- Part 1: The trip from Boston
- Part 2: Inha University Hospital
- Part 3: Yeson Voice Examination Center
- Part 4: Wooridul Spine Hospital
- Part 5: Ajou University Hospital
- Part 6: Hanyang University Medical Center and trip to Busan
- Part 7: Good Gang-An Hospital
- Part 8: Parkside Rehabilitation Hospital and return to Seoul
- Part 9: Soon Chun Hyang University Hospital
- Part 10: Return to Boston and summary thoughts
I also did a podcast interview with James Bae of the Council for Korea Medicine Overseas Promotion.