AxisPoint Health is part of the new breed of care management companies, leveraging new data sources and digital techniques that go beyond the traditional paradigm of nurse call centers focused on a handful of common chronic conditions. Industry veteran, Dr. Ron Geraty (former CEO of Alere) took the reins of the company a couple years back.
In this podcast interview, Ron and I discuss the evolution of care management, the role of digital, and what the future will bring.
- (0:11) What’s the current state of care management in the US?
- (2:27) How is care management being done differently across populations: commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, dual eligibles?
- (5:36) Care management traditionally focuses on 5 common chronic conditions. Has it made a significant difference in those areas?
- (8:26) What attracted you to AxisPoint? How is it different from other population health management companies?
- (13:08) Who are the customers? Who is drawn to your approach and why?
- (15:26) You work with the most vulnerable populations. Do you attempt to influence the social and behavioral determinants of health?
- (19:18) What’s at stake for AxisPoint in the debate about healthcare in Washington, DC, especially since you are serving populations that have been a major focus of the ACA?
- (22:33) How will digital tools be leveraged for vulnerable populations? Will you still have feet on the street?